Home routers often act as a DNS relay. When DNS relaying is enabled the systems
on the private network that are configured via DHCP will have their dns address
set to the IP of the gateway/router. The router then forwards requests to the
actual DNS address on the WAN side of the router and caches the result for
faster NS lookups in the future.

  When I mentioned dynamic dns before, what I was referring to is a feature
where the router automatically notifies a server what the ip address you are
currently assigned is. This server provides a vanity address that can be used
to access your lan from the net. Essentially you get a static 'named' address
that will always point to your dynamically changing ip address. Check out
http://www.technopagan.org/dynamic/

  -Tharin O.

DHSinclair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  inline below......