Oh, I've got at least 4 powerstrips in here, a UPS, and a zillion thing plugged in between two or three sockets. That doesn't include the HTIB over there. :)

Anthony Q. Martin wrote:
Anyone have any real experience with tracking down and eliminating these kinds of problems?

For example, I pulled a thumb drive out of my laptop and plugged it into my main PC. All kinds of noise came out of the speakers. If I turn a lamp on (one that's plugged into a socket in this area) I hear about that from the speakers of the main PC. If I unplug the laptop, I hear about. The other day I walked around the carpeted room and touch the metal case of my other PC. I heard about that through the speakers of my main PC (Logitech Z550 5.1 speaker system).

What's the best way to rid myself of this problem? I admit to the very old and sloppy cabling down yonder. Hate to get into that mess! :)