I was considering moving to X48 in the coming weeks in anticipation of a
45nm quad-core upgrade (currently running a 65nm quad-core part at 3.2GHz on
P35), but I think I'm going to hold off on the mobo move until P45. P45
sports ICH10R, which supposedly has 10GbE, and likely will do a better job
overclocking the 45nm QC's. It's due out in June.

The real problem is that the new Yorkfield series use a 1333QDR FSB, meaning
that the multipliers are lower than the current Kentsfield. That means I'll
need something likely capable of 475MHz+ FSB 24/7...that isn't P35 or X38,
and likely not X48. P45 I think gives me the best chance at a high FSB to
push to 4GHz. :)

I wouldn't touch 780i with a 20 foot pole.

Greg