"Bite the bullet?" thanks Chris, you writing the check
on that new system for
me? AM2, Are you serious? Personally I'm waiting for
the Asus Rampage to ship &
I will build a Q6600 Intel system, screw AMD.

Meanwhile the XP box is more than capable of playing
HL2 at decent frame rates
and has a brand new AGP video card (had to replace
that dead 9800) useless on a
PCI-E system. In other words perfect for the kids to
game on, hell it's been
enough for me.

So no I did not want to spend $75 on a CPU only to
find it was another shit
Antec PSU that is now out of warranty. Certainly did
not want to then have to
spend another $50-60 on the seemingly no longer made
by any quality company ATX
1.3 PSU. To dump an otherwise functional system over
$150 in repairs to keep it
running vs. $1000+ for new makes no sense to me esp.
with two kids and only one
other game pc in the house.

Saving grace, I may be able to resell the XP-M that is
not the problem after
all. I know I could resell the Sempron & break even
despite Chris' surprise. ;)

Chris Reeves wrote:
> $78?!?!?!  Seriously a le-1640 at $25 less would
wipe the floors.  Just bute the bullet go am2 and be
done. :)
> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

(2nd)
> shit Antec TruePower 480W
> toasting caps on the 5V rail which is what Asus
A7N8X
> uses for vcore causing the
> problem.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?