Wait, he moved from AOL to RoadRunner what? Cable?
DSL? Dialup?

Maybe using TCPView from sysinternals to track what is
happening connection wise?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx

Timeout is hard coded AFAIK, so hang is not a simple
as "can't reach host" and I
can't see an LiveUpdate picking a specific connection.

Bobby Heid wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I was helping a friend whose Norton AV quit
updating.  It quit updating at
> the same time that he went from AOL dial-up to
Roadrunner.  Norton's Live
> Update does not seem to be able to connect and
appears to hang while trying
> to connect.  He refuses to let me remove the AOL
program because the web
> interface to AOL is different and he is very, very
resistant to change.
> Under network connections is an AOL connection and a
local area network
> connection.  Dial-up has been disabled and he can
connect via AOL or a
> browser/email.
>
> I am thinking that for some reason Norton is trying
to get to its server via
> the AOL connection and is failing.  Does anyone know
how I might check this
> and correct this issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Bobby