At 22:32 04/17/08, Bobby Heid wrote:
Hey,

My old APC Back-UPS Pro's battery finally died.  I run my monitor, router,
and a few other pc related items off of it and I have an APC Back-UPS 1000
for my PC and external drive.

Hi Bobby

I replace the batteries in my UPS when they die with generic
replacements from
<http://www.batterymart.com/c-replacement-ups-batteries.html>.

For example, a replacement for the battery in any BackUPS 650
(Pro, Pro P&P, Pro S, regular, etc.) costs $29.95.
A replacement for the BackUPS 1000 costs $59.90

If you don't see the model you have, call them and they'll
check to see which battery replacement will fit your model.

It's much more price effective to replace the battery than
to buy a new UPS or even an official APC replacement battery.

I've bought batteries for everything from hearing aids to
tennis ball machines from Batterymart.com. I'm not saying
they always have the best prices, but I've always been
happy with their service and the quality of their products.

I've used APC UPS' since 1995. Sizes from 400 to 1400.
(I currently have three SmartUPS 1400 and two SmartUPS
1000 for my computers and peripherals, plus three BackUPS
1000 for phones, stereo, scanner, etc.)

Regards,
Bill