Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. I'm not a Vista fan. I agree with Intel sticking XP. I was just pointing out why MS might be irritated with Intel. (There is also the fact that when the biggest CPU vendor ignores your latest OS, that's not a good sign.) Of course, MS is selling Vista with the slogan "But you can downgrade to XP!" so clearly they aren't enamoured of Vista either.

As to how many people are affected by my choice, I'd say I help at least 20 people per month make a decision on a computer purchase (some of these are on purchases of 10-50 computers) so I affect at least 100 computer purchases a month directly, and problably 250 a month indirectly. So that's at least 1200 a year. So yes, my opinion is important, and I'm pushing my customers to stick with XP.

(Sorry I wasn't clearer on this.)