Thank you Ben,
I accept your take on this. I can report that my server is back alive and now has its' mouse and kbd active again (main project!)!!!!!!! :)
There will be NO more file culling on this machine! EVER!

Thank you John, Fred, and Chris. Am back alive, but with a machine that did not pick up its NIC or video card. I have these drives so that will be fixed soon. 1st we do the NIC so I can get access to my lan clients and my driver archive on another client(s).

The reload also trashed (I suspect) most of the previously loaded app sw links. ESET is now inop. I suspect most everything else is also. And, I had to re-tell the machine about "me." Somehow all the folklore about reloading the os over itself did not work this time. No matter! I believe I can now recover most without too many future questions.

The Collective WINS Again!!!!!!!!!!!

I just checked the server's /Docs & Settings/ directory. It is very funny/odd to me.
Can I ask for viewpoints?
The directory reads like this:

/Administrator/  03-18-2004 0520hrs
/Administrator.SRV/  07-07-2008 2243hrs

/All Users/   03-18-2004 0538hrs
/All Users.WINNT/  07-07-2008  2243hrs

/Default User/  03-18-2004  0505hrs
/Default User.WINNT/  07-07-2008  2243hrs

/Duncan H. Sinclair/  01-09-2007  1631hrs

Yes, during the install process I did change the 'suggested name' of the machine from
"DUNCAN-68D8D106" to "srv" (even though the install promoted srv to SRV).
[I could grow to hate M$, but for now I am stuck with it........ :) ]

Will the new reload of the OS use the OLDER directories if I was to remove the new
directories created today?

Really confusing.......I read it as 2 concurrent installs............ ?
Best,
Duncan