That's a tough choice - Apple TV or the Popcorn Hour.  For me I went with
the Popcorn Hour because 99.9% of my media was non-DRM stuff ripped from CDs
and DVDs or recorded TV shows.  While I used iTunes mainly for its podcast
subscriptions, I try and avoid purchasing content as much as possible.  Not
because it's bad, but because I have a Linux laptop that I would like to
watch the content on.

But the Apple TV is a very appealing solution, especially if you have a
bunch of other Apple products and I hear it has very high spousal approval.

----
Brian