                                                             Rick Glazier

From: "DHSinclair" > j,
Thank you for that link. It crisply explained much of what I stumbled into. I will just save my 160GB pata drive as a spare for one of my other running pata systems (using the same 160GB drive).

It seems, from my read, that an "old" 440BX chipset will never recognize/deal with a drive this large, regardless of Bios (or other) trickery. Fine. I have been slapped down yet again! I stopped slogging at it 2 weeks ago. I have not completed the disassembly yet. Let's call it good, warm, old memories. I may still try my Promise Ultra133-tx2 card; Just4Grins!!!!!
I have a new toy ATM......(new focus!)....... :)

Rick,
Yes, I do try to keep my old stuff working; when it does not seem to have visible internal problems. This time, it seems, I was fighting technology change I had forgotten about over the years since 199x. You win, My Bad! I get another black star! Jeez........(I sure hope my report card is private! .... LOL!

Thank you,
Duncan