most newer switches are auto-configuring for standard or crossover. You don't
even have to mess with it. Plug and play baby

lopaka

--- On Tue, 11/18/08, Harvey Best <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Harvey Best <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [H] access point
To: "Alt Cpu" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 6:52 PM

Will I need a cross over cable for that?

I am not a network guy either and I don't really want to run any more
cable.

Where I need this new connection I have a network cable run through the wall.
If I don't need a crossover cable I could put the switch on that one. But I
have a feeling I will need a crossover.

Thanks,

harvey

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
> Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 21:19:35 -0500
> Subject: Re: [H] access point
>
> Harvey,
>
> Not being a network guy, there might be a better solution, but I'd
probably
> hook up a 4-port switch (pretty cheap) to one of the router ports and then
> plug some of the other items into the switch.
>
> Bobby

BD
> Live features I need to put it on the network.
>
> So, whats my best option in a Linksys access point? I assume that would be
> the way to go. As I don't feel that the BD Live features are going to
be a
> big deal for me, I think hooking it up wireless seems to be the way to go.
>
> So, if you have some ideas and a way I can do it inexpensively it would be
> appreciated.
>
> Harvey

Get more done, have more fun, and stay more connected with Windows MobileĀ®.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/119642556/direct/01/