My netgear 5 works great...........I have got up to 500 mbs transfer between
pc's with jumbo frames enabled.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of maccrawj
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 1:56 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] access point

Netgear 5 or 8 port GB switches inexpensive & lifetime warranty:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122128
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122111

Harvey Best wrote:
> Have a Linksys Wireless Router WRT 310 it has 4 wired ports. I use the
wireless part for my laptop and the 2 DVR are wireless.

> I have my wireless printer hooked up with a network cable as when I
connect wireless it keeps dropping connection and I have to reinstall over
and over. I have 1 DVR wired in and my wife's work computer is wired.  My
network HDD that I use to back every thing up has the other port.

> So, all my ports are full. Just got a new Sony Blu Ray player. To use the
BD Live features I need to put it on the network.

> So, whats my best option in a Linksys access point? I assume that would be
the way to go. As I don't feel that the BD Live features are going to be a
big deal for me, I think hooking it up wireless seems to be the way to go.

> So, if you have some ideas and a way I can do it inexpensively it would be
appreciated.

> Harvey

> Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail.

http://windowslive.com/Explore/Hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_access_
112008