At 05:47 PM 04/01/2009, Brian Weeden wrote:
The only time I have seen memtest fail is when the RAM was fine but was
incompatible with the motherboard.  In that situation, you will still end up
with all the symptoms of bad RAM but they pass every test.

Interesting. In the cases I've run into the RAM doesn't fail on any motherboard (I test in the original and two test machines) but causes Windows errors and lock ups. I never considered that to be incompatible RAM (especially since in many cases the RAM has worked for years) but perhaps that's the case.

----
Brian

http://www.eset.com