Thank you for your help and comments.
Best,
Duncan

At 10:31 01/22/2009 -0800, you wrote:
I still prefer 2000 Server to 2003. I also run the free comodo firewall on my server box. Every once in a while I'll make a new install CD with security patches and extras added into the install, to keep it up to date.

lopaka

--- On Wed, 1/21/09, DHSinclair <dsinc...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
From: DHSinclair <dsinc...@bellsouth.net>
Subject: [H] Stupid Question..perhaps?
To: "Hardware Group" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 9:27 PM

I truly apologize for this one. I have totally NOT kept up with this.
Sorry.
My server now runs Win2000 Server. It is at SP4.  But, I suspect that this
level of OS is soon to be no longer supported and/or able to be WinUpdate-able.
{When is goes I will miss it....It runs so well.}

What might I be shopping for?  I have seen mention of  "Server 03"
and "Server 08."  Yes, I have already read through OUR threads about
the "SBS" versions of same.  Not thinking I need to do a Small
Business Server just to come current; and/or support my LAN.

Can I suppose that "Server03?" is at the XP level; and, that the
"Server08?" business is about Vista-class?
Best,