Hello Jason,

Friday, April 24, 2009, 8:00:18 AM, you wrote:

> From the reports I have seen, yes a nVidia card may well give better
> results (perhaps even substantially better).

> In fact I only got my 4870x2 back from RMA about 2 weeks ago, I had to
> use my old 8800GTX for a few weeks while I was awaiting a replacement
> and I only took a 5-10FPS performance hit going back to that card
> temporarily.

> I really have no idea what the AMD drivers/hardware are doing that
> causes such a performance hit but so far it does seem limited to WoW
> that I have seen. One thing that did seem to make it better was
> switching to Windows 7 and the latest WDM 1.1 drivers.....although
> obviously that's still in beta and the performance still isn't what it
> really should be.

> Regards
> Jason

If I had another system to put this 4870 card into I would just get an
nVidia to see the difference. I think this still boils down to the
game being CPU limited, as I have read. Your 8800 was the same card
that I replaced. I guess it was dumb of me to buy this 4870 for this
game - I mean the game can run on VERY low end hardware to begin with.
That's smart for Blizz because anyone and everyone can play and that's
just more income. If I had to do it all over again I would have just
kept my 8800 and saved the money for a whole new system upgrade.

Anyone want to buy a 4870?

--
Regards,
 joeuser - Still looking for the 'any' key...

"...now these points of data make a beautiful line..."