What? World Of Warcraft should ABSOLUTELY FLY on a machine of that spec.

On 23 Apr 2009, at 20:24, Joe User wrote:

Hello guys,

     I have on my current gaming rig an E6850 with 4 GB RAM. I also
     have a ATI 4870. I mainly play World of Warcraft and it's in a
     high end guild environment. So performance is key.

     I bought this 4870 hoping to get mass performance gains but that
     just didn't happen. I have since found out the game is CPU
     bound. So... I want max speed. I have settings set as low as
     possible except for what is needed to be higher.

     I assume the card is pretty high end but the rest of my rig is
lacking. Would I see major (or better yet - worthwhile performance
     for price) benefit from upgrading the CPU to an i7 range?

--
Regards,
joeuser - Still looking for the 'any' key...

"...now these points of data make a beautiful line..."