Gary,
Like you, I share both your age and home design choices. No harm! No Foul !!!
I remain totally "wired" until someone can convince me otherwise.
You have me 1-up! My LAN is CAT6 IS running down the hall between my GBit switches and router.
One day, I may hire the contractor to "put it in the walls."

Thank you. I know someone else that "at present" does WIRED. I was beginning to think I may have become a "last of a dying breed"............Very nice to know that Wired is NOT such a BAD thing!!!
Best,
Duncan