I run a 3870x2 and no matter crossfire or not I have 4 DVI heads that work in
2D mode.

Winterlight wrote:

>>thanks, never would do crossfire. Do not game as much as I used to but my son is up and coming. :-[
>>wound up ordering  a Asus Maximums II and a e8600.

I am running one of these with a Q9650 and 8GB of Cosair.... a great board, very feature rich, very stable. Maximum PC Kick Ass award last September.... read the review... got 9 our of 10. But don't use cable select on PATA drives with this board... doesn't play nice. The little external LCD screen that comes with it is pretty cool.

I am also running three monitors so I use two ASUS 4870s video cards. I am not a gamer but tried Crossfire.... you loose everything but one monitor once enabled.... and didn't notice any real change probably because I don't play any game that would push both cards.