j.,
A bit confused? I now run DDR3 on my 3 P5Q3 m/b's. And it seems to work well; as best I can check. If this is a $$ comment, I understand. If not a $$ comment, I do NOT understand.
I was told DDR3 is where we will all have to go in the end.
I went there 5-6 months ago.
Best,
Duncan

maccrawj wrote:
DDR3 would be the "extreme" models of Maximus, Rampage, & Maximus II. When I checked Newegg the MII & Rampage for DDR2 were same price. Just seems a waste to not have the xtra lanes "in case" given same price for both, but certainly both are great mobos.

FORC5 wrote:
looks very nice also, but the one I looked at was ddr3 and I did not need to go there but with the $50 rebate. ouch. :'(

I'll be good I think
fp

At 12:32 AM 6/1/2009, maccrawj Poked the stick with:

Bah, same cost? I'd of ordered the Rampage w/ X48.

FORC5 wrote:
thanks, never would do crossfire. Do not game as much as I used to but my son is up and coming. :-[ wound up ordering a Asus Maximums II and a e8600. Love the pin fin cooling on that MB. way overkill but WTF. my existing mb has leaking caps and little weird bugs that have been bugging me. Bad caps was the LAST thing I would of thought of on a fairly new mb. ( less then 2 years) major jump for me, AMD to intel. AMD will probably now come out with something better, figure they been watching me :'( could not see no reason to go i7 or quad core. ( to much heat )
thanks
fp
At 11:50 AM 5/31/2009, Stan Zaske Poked the stick with:
The main difference is that X48 is X16/X16 crossfire capable but P45 is X8/X8. Are you a hardcore gamer with a 1920x1200 or above monitor? P45 is newer and much less expensive.
--
Tallyho ! ]:8)
Taglines below !