Well, the monitor issue is still open. Tried all sorts of keyboard combinations to no avail. I really don't understand why either the MB or the OS would suspend or just halt with no monitor seen.

Steve

Brian Weeden wrote:
I had a similar issue with trying to get the monitor to come up after it
auto shuts off due to inactivity.  I found that by giving it the
ctrl-alt-del salute and then hitting esc it woke up the monitor.

That Tweakui problem is weird - I used it to do the same thing for years on
my XP systems and never saw that.  Is fast user switching disabled?  I
always had that off, maybe it makes a difference.  I know under Vista/Win7
you enable autologon a different way, by going through the advanced user
accounts settings and turning off "users must enter a login/password".  That
might be the ultimate setting that TweakUI is accessing, although I'm not
sure.

Brian Weeden
Technical Advisor
Secure World Foundation <http://www.secureworldfoundation.org>