From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com [mailto:hardware-
boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Steve Tomporowski
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 6:57 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] XP Annoyances

Looks like steinie (JRS) is the genius, certainly not me.  I'm not 100%
sure, but I just did a test after setting the main bios options to halt
for no errors.  It didn't have a selection for halt on all except
video.
  I'll do a more thorough test tomorrow, but this looks really good to
me.
I did not think that the MB would halt on a monitor not being present
after fulling booting into XP.  Sheesh.

JRS wrote:
What about that BIOS setting many PC's have, to "halt on errors"?

Most I have seen are set to just stop on Keyboard errors only..

Yours could be set to stop on all errors?

Well, the monitor issue is still open.  Tried all sorts of keyboard
combinations to no avail.  I really don't understand why either the
MB
or the OS would suspend or just halt with no monitor seen.

Steve

database 4142 (20090609) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 4142 (20090609) __________