Tried the 'view' option before and then just tried again (enable, reboot, disable, reboot) and it doesn't work for this situation.

I've given up on the monitor thing. I had thought I'd had it fixed, but what happens, happens sometime after XP is fully booted. If I turn on the monitor anytime before full boot, the video is on. If I wait a good long time, then there is no video. All options in Power Management are set to Never.

Steve

maccrawj wrote:
Explorer->Folder Options->View
Uncheck "Restore Previous Folder Windows At Startup"?

Power the monitor on before booting? Odds are the video card senses no active monitor thus never enables any of the connectors. ATI's "force detection" might fix that, also setting up a profile in Catylist w/ a hotkey combination to activate it ("ctrl+alt+shift+1" for example) might. Nvidia likely similar.

Never use this myself, always have Win2k style login dialog after C-A-D setup. There are admin options to allow automatic admin login on reboot for X amount of boots, dunno if that's the same trick.

Steve Tomporowski wrote:
I've got three minor problems with XP that aren't show stoppers but annoying.

First, I mentioned this in a previous message to the list. I have a folder, C:\Documents, which opens at startup. This is not a M$ created folder, I created it. I have been through some 200 webpages and nothing has worked. I also searched completely through the registry for that exact folder. Startup and Run keys were examined long ago. Don't know where to look for this one now.

Second, The MB is a Gigabyte Ultra-durable P45 and if I do not turn on the monitor (powered off via power strip) and boot up the system, it will show a black screen/monitor going to sleep. Nothing will change that (mouse, keyboard, yelling, screaming). All I can do it either hit the power or reset buttons to reboot. I've been through the Power Options in Windows (all at Never) and nothing in the BIOS seems to apply.

Third, I have Tweak UI installed and if I set it for one account to boot up, it will do that on the next boot, but thereafter, back to the .net choose your account screen. I go back to Tweak UI and the box has been unchecked. How do I get it to stray?

This is plain vanilla XP, fully patched, no tweaks of services or anything else.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks....Steve

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4139 (20090608) __________

http://www.eset.com