Today went down and looked at what Best Buy has for UPS's and a have a couple of questions.

First, is it a good idea to buy a larger UPS and put two computers on it? The rationale is that one computer is on 24/7, but the other is on only when I'm working at it. So, the 24/7 computer can have the UPS shut it down, while I'll shut down the other by hand. Or would it be better to run each one off a smaller UPS? I am assuming here that any UPS I get will have a USB connector to shut the computer down. Doesn't seem logical otherwise.

Second, what is the right size/power? For getting things shut down, 10 minutes is enough, I really don't imagine sitting playing Far Cry 2 for two hours, waiting for the power to come on.....

Thanks....Steve

database 4193 (20090626) __________

http://www.eset.com