At 01:48 PM 9/28/2009, you wrote:
Heh, even knowing they're going out of the biz and what happens if there's a
problem and you need parts or a replacement?  Especially when you've spent
that much $$?  I've heard that the Panasonic plasmas are almost as good,
less $$, and have pretty good warranties, fwiw...

Pioneer comes with a three year in house warranty. It is a quality product and I haven't heard about anybody having any problems. However, Pioneer is a serious company and they will find a way to support it in order to preserve their great reputation. They still have a high end line of products and they do not want to loose those Elite buyers or make them feel abandoned.

I have looked at Panasonic side by side and they are just not the same. Besides the Panasonic 60 inch are in the 3500 range anyway.
 But that said you make some very good points.

-----Original Message-----
From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Winterlight
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 1:19 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] advise

>line; the Elites are the best of the Kuros) are HANDMADE; yes, no joke-it's
>also why they were so expensive, and couldn't scale, especially with the
>economic downturn.

I too have been watching and dithering and I agree with what you
wrote. It is down from 6500. You can get the Pro 151 Elite Kuro 60
inch now for around 4400 delivered to the curb
but it is still a hell of a lot of money for a TV, especially since I
almost never watch a movie and follow only one series. But if gets
down  below 3500 I will probably make the buy.