From: Anthony Q. Martin <amar...@charter.net>
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Sent: Wed, December 30, 2009 1:54:44 PM
Subject: Re: [H] Win7 Install on Intel SSD

Well, the firmware update didn't help matters. Setup refuses the see the SSD...what b*tch.

Anthony Q. Martin wrote:
I hadn't install the firmware update as the date on the SSD is October.
However, I see they do have an update since then which I have just installed. Now to remove the HD and reboot from CD to see if Setup will see the SSD now.
Eli Allen wrote:
Just finished a Win7 Pro install on an Intel 160 gig SSD, created a
boot cd to update the firmware before doing anything and all worked
smooth.  The only bad part is now I know how slow the DVD drive is for
installs since once it got to the part limited by the drive speed it
was only a few secs if that.

Eli

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Anthony Q. Martin