Found  this in another forum..

I had an identical problem where the BIOS could see my SSD (Kingston
v-series 128GB), and when I booted into windows I could see it and
format it and assign a drive letter. But Windows 7 install COULD NOT
see the SSD, and Acronis True Image could not see the SSD to clone my
old system disk to it.

Very frustrating and it took me 2 days to work it out. I tried
EVERYTHING and didn't really find an answer on ANY forum. But the
solution was simple...

Physically remove connections to ALL disks on your computer EXCEPT
your SSD so it's the only disk connected. Then Windows install WILL see
the SSD and you can install Windows 7 to it (and I assume Vista).

 --
JRS
stei...@pacbell.net

Facts do not cease to exist just