Win7 is now installing on the SSD. Somehow, I must have done something weird with the partition I had established on this disk.

YAY.

Thanks, JRS and everyone.

Anthony Q. Martin wrote:
Dude....Bingo! After reading your message, I simply deleted the SSD partition while in Win 7 (booting off the HDD). Then I booted install of the CD and setup now sees all the drives. Now I'm going to power down and remove the HDD and try this again.

Thanks!

JRS wrote:
I had this kind of thing happen only once, on a drive I had been using for various things, including dual booting to Windows and LInux.. I wanted to install Win7 RC on it, but it would not.

I booted to a WinPE CD and deleted the partition on the misbehaving drive and then Win7 RC could see it... I don't remember If I re-formatted it as well, or just deleted the partition....

.

 -- JRS stei...@pacbell.net

Facts do not cease to exist just
because they are ignored.