Well, that seems strange. How come no one but you knows about this? Is this color and touch screen? What size?

Let's face it...size does matter here. A tiny phone screen is only useful sometimes.....it's not the device I want to have in my living room. I can't see reading a book on a tiny screen....don't really want to read the web on them either. Picture & videos are too small...too much of a compromise. Yeah, though, I'd rather not have to be a victim of the Apple/Job control.

On 1/28/2010 1:24 AM, tmse...@rlrnews.com wrote:
They do.  Its called the archos 7 (and I think 9). Google chrome, the whole
works.  Oh, about $150 less, and yes, it can run Kindle software, so ebooks
still work fine.
Sent via BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: "Bino Gopal"<binogo...@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 19:14:53
To:<hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: Re: [H] The iPad vs the competition?

I guess I was looking at it from the perspective of it being nice to have in
the living room when I wanted to use a browser/look things up w/o the whole
having to boot up a laptop and all that.

I do have a 3GS but the screen is just too small to really easily do stuff
on it and the increased screen size on the iPad is useful.  I also do like
the multitouch interface; one reason I'm leaning towards it.

But at the same time it seems so limited that I'm thinking that there will
be better alternatives that will do more for OS...can anyone imagine the
Google Android equivalent?!  That would be awesome!

                                                        BINO