How times have changed!
Best,
Duncan

On 02/20/2010 01:05, Greg Sevart wrote:
Oh, absolutely, but it doesn't always work out that way. Similar deal to the
old 300MHz Pentium II's with the SL2W8 s-spec. Most did 450MHz just fine,
but mine was always a little buggy. Then the Celeron 300A was the big thing,
and I got two, both did 464MHz all day long for a full 10 years before they
were finally knocked out of service by a PSU that went bad. Luck of the draw
on either side, I suppose.

-----Original Message-----
From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com [mailto:hardware-
boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Stan Zaske
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 10:04 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] New Phenom II X2 555 C3 revision

Yeah, I have to agree but if you read as many hardware reviews as I do
they practically say most will unlock and tout the bang for buck. I
have
a 0904 X3 720 BE that will unlock the 4th core stably and I bought it
the same day NewEgg began to sell them. That was before anybody knew
about ACC and unlocking cores/cache. I don't feel comfortable RMA'ing
it
as you say it works as advertised. Still, would have been nice to have
$104 quad core...