jmaccraw,
Well, I am old. And, I did "grow up" through WinNT! LOL! My Bad. Last time I saw/used 'power user' was in Win2K. Have not looked for it in XP. I do still run "ME" as an administrator on my 2K server, because most status and maintenance of the services seem to require it; like the RAS and RAC of my a/v proggy.
I remain thick about what's under the hood of Windows access logic.
Yes, I have never used any group assignment except <workgroup>.
I'll check out your link share later this afternoon.
Best,
Duncan