LMAO!
OK. That is for sure......
Must be why most of my OLD friends are all "crusty curmudgeons!"
I may still be 'in training'. But 'stupid' is still a problem ATM!
Duncan

On 03/25/2010 12:13, FORC5 wrote:
getting old ain't for sissies :'(

LMAO
fp

At 09:07 AM 3/25/2010, DSinc Poked the stick with:
Rick/FORC5,
Thank you. But, I did find the bug!
It was a true, major case of PEBCAK!
I did a really dumb thing. I deleted NTDETECT.COM.
The boot.ini file was actually in place and ?fine?

JRS shared a link to the "Ed Jablondki" boot file logic.
I now have a working XP BOOT Floppy that does work!

I recovered the missing NTDETECT.COM file back to c:\windows.
The very old XP client is OpsNorml again and even completed its' monthly XP
updates.

Embarrassed I certainly am! LOL!