From: Anthony Q. Martin <amar...@charter.net>
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Sent: Tue, May 11, 2010 2:12:29 PM
Subject: Re: [H] Powerline adapter (rather than wireless N)

Well, I got my powerline stuff a day early....all of it is netgear, but
still running the linksys wrt56g at 10/100.

Getting the netgear powerline stuff going is too easy...just plug in the
PL adapter, plug in the ethernet cable to it, and than plug in the other
piece (I got the 4 port AV unit) into a socket someplace.  So right now
I have the laptop at the other end of the house (one level down), where
the wireless signal barely makes it. But on the powerline system I got
100 Mbps network (what's reported) and I am transfering files at 45 Mbps
(big files).

Of course, that same file moved over the router to my other PC moves at
92 Mbps.

So wired ethernet is definitely better than powerline, but we knew that.

I can't wait to try this on the Netgear router...it will take longer to
get that up, so I'm doing simple tests first.