From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Thane Sherrington
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 1:13 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] AV disabling question

When a computer comes into the shop, I like to disable the current AV
so as to speed up the scans and prevent two AVs conflicting.  I've
been disabling the AV's services, but I've found that when I do that
with NIS (surprise, suprise, it's a piece of crap) then it shuts down
access to the internet because it's firewall is off.  Then I end up
having to turn the service back on (no small feat because the PoS
tries to prevent changes to it's service settings even though it's
turned off.)  Does anyone know of a better way to disable AVs
(especially NIS) without uninstalling so that I can still access the internet?

 To report this as spam, please forward to s...@websense.com.  Thank you.

 Protected by Websense Hosted Email Security -- www.websense.com