Hey guys, so I guess I'm getting persnickety in my "old-age" (I use that term
loosely, k? :P).

But dealing with computers and tech stuff all the time has meant that I have
little patience for futzing around with stuff and wanting to tweak things and
mess with all the details and whatnot-I mean I still do it when needed, but I
don't go out and look for it, and avoid it if I can...

So I'm not so into building the PC-I'll just buy it all ready to go and hope it
has as few problems as possible (there are still always some that need work).

Similarly, while I could build a HTPC for my HT to play any video files (for
missed TV shows and all that), I'd like to avoid that as much as possible, as
long as I can get something that'll do the job with minimal fuss.  Sadly, I've
lacked the ability to do this (play PC video files easily), and have to
manually connect my laptop via VGA to my Samsung 60" DLP whenever I want to
play files of stuff I've missed, so it's a bit of a PITA...

But then I came across this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MVZ60I/ref=cm_cr_asin_lnk

The WD TV Live Plus!  The reviews are really great for something this simple,
and it sounds like it'll play just about any format of video file from my PC
w/o me having to futz with dl'ing codecs and all that (and even plays .iso
files directly with DVD menus too!).

So is this the device I want-the one "true" device?! :P  I figure a few other
people here must've looked into things like this, especially to keep it simple
for wives/GFs. ;)  I keep hearing the "POPCORN" mentioned in the reviews, but
apparently it's vaporware.  And at $120 shipped from Amazon in 2 days (I have
Prime), I'm ready to pull the trigger, but figured I'd check with the
collective for thoughts first...

So any opinions, thoughts, shares regarding this device and the
state-of-the-art in this area (or recommendations for better devices) are much
appreciated.  Thanks all!

BINO