Given that you can buy a 1tb drive for $75.00, I guess I am not too concerned at how large the OS is. That is the downside for more "features" I guess.

At 05:14 PM 9/6/2010, It was written by Soren that this shall come to pass:
OK, so far my impressions are that the Win7 installation footprint should be in the area of "only" around 14 GB.

I need to do some partition resizing and so, including deletion of several propreritary HP progs, and cleaning up the registry. Hopefully, this will end satisfactory. In a few days I'll know.

Yes, I know I'm acting paranoid :), but I usually deal with XP installations (dumped Vista completely at first sight) where a fresh install can fit on a single CD, using highest compression in Ghost. With drivers and different progs installed, only 2 CDs, or at worst, a single DVD.

Come on... 14 GBs for an O/S alone - M$ has some serious issues here. I used to think that e.g. Ubuntu is a piece of bloatware, but this one for sure gets the prize.

What happened to OS/2, BTW? I've always wondered why any O/S needs to be more than 64MB's which is more than sufficient with proper coding, even seen with todays' standards.

/s