Gary,
So you are accepting OS Bloat? Like because you can now buy a 1TB hard drive?
Sorry.  I'm still in Soren's camp ATM.

I don't expect M$ to be perfect and/or crisp with their OS. I have watched M$ OS since WFWG3.1 (actually MS-DOS v3.1)......... :)

M$ has done a poor job of bloat redux to my view. It seems that each time technology gives us a bigger storage medium, M$ bloats to use as much as it can; under the guise that, "Well, our users have moved to this new/larger "footprint." Sadly, NOT all of "us".

Happy that you have really big HD's.  I do not.
Interesting perspective BTW. Plan to sleep on this one!
Best,
Duncan