And do like I do:  Take plenty of pictures while you're disassembling...

On 9/18/2010 9:42 AM, Gaffer wrote:
On Friday 17 September 2010 04:27:10 Winterlight wrote:
Today, somebody gave me their old laptop. Actually, it is not
very  old  at all, it was purchased new  in 09 a little over a year
ago. It is a HPG70-463CL which is laptop with a 17 inch screen
designed to be parked. The had it on the floor while moving their
furniture and stepped on the LCD which pretty much killed it. The
computer itself works fine plugged into a an external monitor. I see
where I could buy a new screen for around 120-150 but how difficult
is it to replace? Anybody recommend where to buy a screen, and any
tips of replacing this one ... thanks.
If you take care and use common sense then its not too difficult a job.
You will have to take the whole machine apart to separate the screen
from the chassis, so take anti-static precautions.

You can replace the LCD panel without dismantling the whole machine but
its much more difficult and far greater risk of causing further damage.

I have a multi compartment container for holding and grouping the
screws, though a sheet of paper with notes identifying where each group
of screws came from works just as well as does a photo of the more
complex disassembly.

Just be a bit careful, I think that machine has a pair of fastenings
hidden under the edge of the wireless card that have to be removed
before the case will separate.

Good Luck.

database 5460 (20100918) __________

http://www.eset.com