Thanks Greg,
I have looked at the 660 and I guess I will spend the extra hundred. Why do different video cards of the same number have different core speeds ... are they over clocked.. what is the difference.. is all about the speed and amount of RAM

At 02:24 PM 8/26/2013, you wrote:
No, there is no quantitative specification that's meaningful to compare
except between two models within a single series/generation from the same
manufacturer. You'll have to look at reviews and benchmarks.

I still think evga is among the best on the nvidia side.

Something like a 650Ti would be about double a single 5750, but I'd probably
opt for the 660.

-----Original Message-----
From: hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Winterlight
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 2:30 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] how to compare

I want to replace my two ATI 5750 cards Crossfire with a single Nividia card
that is capable of driving three large monitors plus the HDMI. Gaming is not
an issue as long as I keep the performance I have now.

So what is the best way to compare...Core clock? So if my 5750 cards run at
650Mhz times two...can I say a comparable card with be a GTX
650 which runs at 1058Mhz  core clock. Does that make any kind of sense?

What are the best, most reliable manufactures for Nvidia video cards?
right now I am focusing on EVGA