I can't offer you any specific recommendations, but you might want to check out -
GPU Review - http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php

It allows you to compare specs of two video cards against one another, points you to review sites, offers recommendations by price range, has a forum, etc.

Regards,
Mike