Are you using the SnapRAID function of FlexRAID? If so, how long does it take
for updates to the parity drives?

You are not REQUIRED to use RAID with the Sans Digital port expander towers. I
was using them as JBOD or using Windows 7 build in JBOD function to create a 10
tb "ARRAY." When I started having problems creating the FlexRAID pool, I
thought it MIGHT be due to slow access to the Sans Digital tower due to a small
"pipeline," squeezing 5 drives output through 1 SATA port. Turned out it was
probably some defective drives.

Jim