I am still learning Win7pro and Win8.1pro. I do hope that System Restore carried forward from XP. I do depend on
this feature.
Duncan

On 08/12/2014 09:26, A L wrote:

From: dsinc...@epbfi.com
Al,
No I don't see why an OS reinstall or new HD is necessary. Am
I missing something?
Duncan
No, I think I'm missing something. The only backups I've ever done is to clone
the entire drive with something like PartedMagic. When you use Win 7 backup,
and, say have a drive failure, will it restore in one step? Or does one need to
re-install the OS and then apply the backup?
Thx,
Al