Thane,
Thanks for the share. I admit that the backup tool in Win7 is quirky. It records its' 'stuff' very differently than XP's simple dot-bkf file structure. OK tech moves on. I was gifted Aconis True Image. I will load it and see how/what it does. I accept that ATI has been well regarded in the collective for many years, so now I will join the party.
Best,
Duncan