Ryzen 1700 is the best pick. Most will run at 3.8 to 4.0 GHz and outperform
a similar clocked i7 in everything but gaming. It's a great workhorse CPU
for multitasking. If you don't have a Jet account, new sign ups can get 15%
off the first 3 orders. I set up a  Jet account to drop the cpu price to
$300 instead of the usual $329. I ususally use amazon for everything but
was lokking to get the deal. If your current i7 uses DDR4 you can use your
ram from that system and the PSU most likely. The motherboard  I linked to
is about 79$

Not bad and Its cool to see 16 cores showing on my CPU widget  :)  8 real
cores and 8 hyperthreaded

lopaka