Yeah just as an update to this I did a lot more googling and it seemed like
some people were hoping it was some software issue (as I was too really)-but I
realized that if I plugged in an external KB that would show if it was software
or not-and lo and behold an external KB didn't have any problems!

So looks like it was def some sort of HW issue-the one I saw mentioned most was
that the KB ribbon cable gets worn/bent b/c of how tight it's in there and the
way it's bent and thus it eventually starts having issues and just needs to be
replaced...and I've had it almost 3 years now so I guess it's about time...

So I was going to just replace the cable but then they're like we have to open
the whole thing up so in case there's any issue with the KB do you really want
to chance it so I decided to just have them replace the KB too...

BUT in my model it turns out that you can't just replace the KB itself-it
doesn't exist on its own as it's attached to the top cover/part of it so the
whole thing has to replaced!  So I went in to the local repair center and they
replaced the whole top cover and KB as one piece for $90 and the keys work
fine...

BUT now the key travel and some of the key don't feel quite right-and a couple
of the keys keep popping off and I have to keep popping them back on, and some
others are sticking so it seems like this replacement KB is not as good,
so...yeah... 😝

Thanks for your input/help tho Lopaka!  Much appreciated!

                                                        BINO