On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 12:59 -0400, Mark Brooks wrote:
> Respectfully, perhaps the mistake is not going ahead and developing a class
> library specifically for this project.
>
> I realize that is a lot of work, but perhaps it would be better to do that
> work than to use code from another project that has different aims and goals
> and an incompatible license.

If you're going to propsose something like this, you need to motivate
the 'why' better. Tell me, which aims and goals are different?

We aim to implement J2SE 5. We aim for TCK compatibility (which is why
Dalbor is in the process of getting TCK access). Classpath does however
not aim for a complete stack. That is beyond the scope of a class
library.

Noone (including Leo) has said the license is incompatible. The
objections raised so far have concerned the wording. The Classpath folks
have been aware of these problems. This is something which is being
worked on to fix.

Supposedly, the Harmony project is about *harmonizing* the efforts of
the existing Free Java community and Apache.

/Sven