Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
Those who have a JVM and want to donate it under the apache license to seed harmony raise their hands now!

As mentioned before, and/all of JC [1] is available and I'll be happy to relicense it. All of the code was written by me (though I didn't invent all of the algorithms of course).

Some bits I can think of that may be useful, roughly ordered
from smaller and more likely to larger and less likely...

  - Splay tree implementation (splay.c)
  - String/UTF-8 functions (string.c, utf.c)
  - ZIP file reader (zip.c)
  - Class file parser (cf_parse.c)
  - Native local and global reference code (native_ref.c)
  - Per-classloader memory allocator (cl_alloc.c)
  - SableVM thin lock algorithm (lock.c)
  - Native library loader (native_lib.c)
  - VM Bootstrap code (vm.c, bootstrap.c)
  - JNI support (jni_invoke.c, jni_native.c)
  - Reflection support (reflect.c)
  - Dynamic invoker (invoke.c)
  - Threading support (thread.c)
  - Heap structure and garbage collector (heap.c, gc_root.c, gc_scan.c).
  - Bytecode interpreter (interp.c)
  - Class loading, derivation, and resolution (load2.c, derive2.c,
    resolve.c)

There's also an ELF object loader and DWARF2 parser if you need those :-)

-Archie

[1] http://jcvm.sourceforge.net/