Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

On May 18, 2005, at 2:18 AM, Ozgur Akan wrote:

I think everyone shall read this first http:// jikesrvm.sourceforge.net/info/overview.shtml . If performance will not be a problem then the product based on Jikes can be an alternative to Sun`s JVM.

Can we put the performance question to rest once and for all?

The rules of programming are transitory; only Tao is eternal. Therefore you must contemplate Tao before you receive enlightenment. But how will I know when I have received enlightenment? asked the novice. Your program will then run correctly, replied the master.

So I agree wit Geir, for an enlightenment, the first rule is to run it correctly. Speaking on performance before a single line of code in not Tao!

Regards, Mladen.