Geir> That's not fair.  I told you that *I* think that extending java.lang
Geir> is a *bad idea*.

I still don't understand why you think this.
Could you explain what problem might arise?

Geir> Also, I don't know what the 1.4 and 1.5 Java API requirements on the
Geir> VM are, but given that GNU Classpath isn't there yet, isn't it even
Geir> plausible that may have something to add?

Yeah, the VM interface has to be extended in a few ways for 1.5.

Also from time to time the VM interface has to be extended for new
VMs, which have different needs.  This is one reason that the
interface isn't yet stable, even for 1.4.

Tom