On Jul 7, 2005, at 10:46 AM, Peter Donald wrote:

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

Yeah. Ideally bits and pieces, as they are contributed to Harmony would
be licensed under the Apache license or even more liberal licenses,

Allright. I'll bite. What's more liberal? I consider that the AL is the most liberal of the commonly found languages as it gives the users full freedom to do as they choose not only with the licensed software, but with any derivative works or additional innovation they may combine with it...

BSDL/MIT etc. AFAIK these style licenses allow for inclusion in both GPL and Apache products.

Agreed. But the patent issues are important, and right now the ALv2 is the state of the art in the BSD family.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]