Hi,

Most of this seems common sense. And I am a bit surprised people feel
that it needs to be spelled out. But it is probably good to make the
intentions completely clear even for a public list.

Just one little nitpick.

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 10:22 -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> The terms and conditions that apply to
> your Contributions are defined by either a contributor license
> agreement (CLA) signed by you and/or your employer or, if no such CLA
> is on file at the Foundation, by the terms and conditions of
> Contributions as defined by the Apache License, Version 2.0.

Could we not use the Apache License, Version 2.0. But state something
like "are in the public domain". (Or use APL/GPL-dual license, LGPL,
MIT/X, modern-BSD, etc.)  So that we can all use such contributions.
Most of the existing projects, like gcj, kaffe, cacao, jamvm, GNU
Classpath, etc. cannot accept GPL-incompatible code.

Thanks,

Mark